Q&A With Pediatrician Jay Gordon MD
Dr. Jay Gordon is a pediatrician that uses whole-food, plant-based nutrition as preventative medicine in his medical practice in California. In the above eleven-minute video, Dr. Gordon addresses common questions regarding children's nutritional needs and the importance of establishing good eating habits at home.
A few of the topics he covers are:
- The benefits of children eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- How a plant-centered diet impacts children's developing brains and bodies
- Raw vs cooked vegetables
- Childhood obesity
- What to say to children when they want to eat the junk food that their peers are eating
The video below was produced for "Copy-Kids TV." If you have a picky eater at home and mealtime is a constant struggle trying to get your little ones to eat their fruits and veggies, then your little ones may benefit from the "Copy-Kids" dvd. Copy-Kids is a "joy-filled video that encourages positive habits in young children, by watching and copying other kids. Produced for children aged 6 months to 5 years, Copy-Kids innovative video is fun and helps parents get their children hooked on healthy and positive habits." To view and purchase the dvd, click here.
For more information, see:
(1) No One Needs to Eat Meat for Health
(2) Is Your Child's Diet Healthy?
(3) Healthy Diets Start in the Womb
(4) Incidence of Teen Stroke on the Rise
(5) McDougall Diet for Pregnancy and Children
(6) Today's Children not Expected to Outlive Their Parents
(7) How Big Industries Keep You Coming Back for More
(8) Who's Influencing Your Children?
(9) Atherosclerosis Begins in Childhood
(10) Avoid Dairy to Prevent Type-1 Diabetes
(11) Heart Disease Begins in Childhood
(12) Childhood Diet Linked to Asthma
(13) Childhood Obesity Creates Future Health Problems
(15) Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score
(16) Junk Food Lowers IQ Scores
(17) Everyone Else is Doing it!
(18) Current Protein Recommendations Flawed
(19) Who has Heart Disease? Everyone?
(20) Big Industries Influence USDA Food Guidelines
(21) Dairy Associated with Recurrent Ear Infections
(22) Are Ear Infections Normal?
(23) Share Healthy Habits with Your Children
(24) A Child Needs a Healthy Diet to Build a Healthy Brain
(25) Children's Health Pinterest Board
(26) Healthy Eating can be Fun!
Jay Gordon MD Links
Scroll Down Page to Leave Comments
What Have You Got to Lose?
Fight the Obesity Epidemic! We provide Starch-Smart Support through our Helpful Sharing Community, Discussion Forums, and Blogging Platform.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.